Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Free Software That Lets You See Inside Your Files Without Even Opening Them

There's a great new free software system programme that volition aid you salvage dozens of clip when searching through data files on your computer. It allows you see what's inside your data data files without your having to actually pass clip gap them.

Even if you give your files meaningful names, sometimes it's calm difficult to happen the exact 1 you desire when you're looking for it hebdomads or calendar months later. Often, you can utilize the Windows automatic hunt mathematical function and its advanced characteristics to happen the data file you need.

If that doesn't work, you're pretty much stuck with gap up your data files with the programme that created them, and looking at them one at a time. And that tin take a batch of clip if you have got a batch of files.

So, conceive of my delectation when I learned of a free programme that would allow me peep inside my data data files without actually opening them. This sounded like a great new manner to salvage time, especially considering the fact that I'd been unsuccessfully searching for a data file that my boy had created for me a couple of calendar months ago.

More inside information about that later. First allow me state the name of the program, how to put in it, and how to utilize it.

It's called Universal Joint Spectator (just make a speedy Google hunt to happen it) and the basic download will allow you peep into your text, image, multimedia, and hypertext markup language files. Chink on the Installer nexus listed under the free version heading and take salvage to download the data file to your computer.

The data files are zipped, so you'll necessitate to unzip them. If you don't already have got a programme on your computing machine to make this, there are respective free 1s available. Two popular 1s are 7zip and Tugzip.

After you have got got the data files unzipped, you'll have an icon on your desktop that's the Universal Joint Spectator Free Setup. Double chink on it to put in the program.

If you also desire to be able to peep inside Microsoft Word and Excel files, acquire the Office plug-in from the same site.

If you desire to look inside your Open Office files, there's also a spectator that allows you make that.

The easiest manner to acquire started using Universal Joint Joint Spectator is to foreground a data file you desire to look at, right chink to convey up your options menu, then chink on the words Universal Viewer.

Presto. You'll be looking at the table of contents inside your file.

Universal Spectator plant quickly with sets of data files that you have got in folders. To quickly travel through all the data files in a folder, usage the forward and backward pilotage arrows.

Back to my original problem. I'd tried finding my data file by looking for it myself, manually. I'd tried the Windows hunt mathematical function with advanced options, including a word I thought was in the data file name and the approximative day of the month scope I thought it was created. No luck.

After I installed Universal Joint Viewer, I searched again for all artwork data files that had been modified during the past three months. There were 2486 data files found. I can only conceive of how long it would have got taken me to unfastened up up my artwork programmes and then open up the data files 1 at a time.

Instead, I used Universal Joint Spectator to peep into the most likely folders, and in less than 30 seconds, I establish what I was looking for. Quite impressive.

I calculate I saved at least an hour. And I calculate I'll have got a batch more utilize for it in the future. You probably will, too.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home